You Hire Yourself Ltd, take your privacy seriously and we ask that you read this policy carefully, as it contains important information on:
● the personal information we collect about you;
● what we do with your personal information; and
● who your personal information might be shared with.
This website is operated by You Hire Yourself Ltd.
As we are the controller of the personal information that we collect from you on our website, we are legally responsible for how we collect, hold and use your personal information. That means we are required to comply with data protection laws when collecting, holding and using your personal information.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we hold or use your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
Our website is a place to provide you with opportunities to gain work either long-term or short-term.
When you register to use the services of our website, we have certain information that you must complete and certain information that is optional for you to complete. This is purely used for the purposes of helping you gain work from the employers on this website that are looking for suitable people to employ for long or short-term positions.
The information that you must complete is the minimum needed in order for an employer to determine your suitability for the position. It is your choice if you complete all other sections of information, and by doing so this may increase your chances of being selected for employment.
We use such information to:
● Provide, operate, and maintain our website
● Understand and analyse how you use our website
● Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
● Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with services, updates and other information relating to the website and for marketing and promotional purposes
● Send you emails
● Find and prevent fraud
How we protect your Data
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us and we use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
● We use safeguards such as firewalls and encryption and access to data is only permitted by authorised employees who need it in order to carry out their responsibilities.
● We protect your transitioning data by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or other encryption technologies unless specifically asked by you, the client, to do otherwise.
● We enforce physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your information. We may, on occasion, ask for proof of identity before sharing your Personal Data with you.
While we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by or to you via the Internet.
Like any other website, You Hire Yourself uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customising our web page content based on visitors browser type and/or other information. For more general information on cookies, please read "What is a Cookie".
Third-Party Privacy Policies
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
● The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
● The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
● The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
● The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
● The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
● The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
● If you make a request, we have 21 days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this policy at any time, and you should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our website.
Feedback and complaints
We welcome your feedback on how we hold and use your personal information. If you wish to contact us, please do so at email@example.com
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, the UK regulator for data protection, about how we hold and use your personal information. The Information Commissioner’s website is https://ico.org.uk/ and complaints can be made here.